Our truest desire is that you embrace your culture, your scars, your skin color, your voice, and your craft. That’s what makes us unique and strong.
HOW IT ALL STARTED
When 2019 began, we didn’t know we were going to create something so important and of value to you. 2019 ends but the Moyo Afrika adventure is just beginning !
We are so proud of what we brought to life and the impacts it is creating. We put in a lot of work and energy, in order to give you the best articles and stories, but also the most accurate information.
WHAT INSPIRED US TO CREATE MOYO AFRIKA ?
- We saw that lots of mainstream media and many of the western world still think that Africa is overrun with huts and poverty, We thought it was about time we tell our stories by ourselves by showcasing live in Africa by those who live it.
- We wanted to inspire those in the Diaspora to visit the Motherland.
- We wanted a platform to connect black people all around the world.
WHAT ARE WE EXPECTING FOR 2020 AND EVEN AFTER ?
The MoyoTeam, are really happy about what has been achieved this year. But one of the goals is to give back to Africa, this is why we will be launching the #GiveBackToAfrica project in 2020. This project is to help build a stronger and more prosperous community.
- Investing in African women by empowering them with the tools they need to accelerate and build a sustainable business. Together we can empower thousands of women to build businesses to bring themselves and families out of poverty.
- Invest in African Children, it is saddening to know that a big number of African children still do not have access to basic education. While African governments are responsible for providing their young generations with quality education, there’s a lot that the diaspora community can do to help. For most of these kids, all they want is a simple classroom and a steady supply of basic learning materials. Together we can help provide students with school fees, Renovate Schools, Provide them with the help they need.
WHAT WE ACHIEVED SO FAR
In 6 months, we have built a community of over 6,000 followers and we have reached over 300,000 cousins in the Motherland and in the Diaspora.
We also launched our website www.moyoafrika.com . Through this website, we have gained viewers and readers from the motherland and other continents. We have interviewed black women shattering the glass ceiling, we have interviewed creatives/ creators in the motherland and in the diaspora who are representing us in a positive light.
Our Memories and History must be kept alive.
We want to continue to showcase life in Africa through those who live it. We are reclaiming our agency by creating and distributing our own self-representations. We want to share more about our motherland until Africa becomes the land for tourists, travelers and everyone in the world. Africa is rich in Culture, Arts, Entertainment, Food and wonderful people.
Our culture is worthy of emulation. We want to visit you to visit the beautiful destinations across the world with African history ! There will be more visuals, more interviews on the website and on our social media platforms.
Finally, thank you for supporting us, for sharing our passion and our work, for following us, for loving the Motherland…
We wish you all a very Happy New Year, full of joy, happiness, success, reconnecting with the motherland, your culture and shmoneyyy !
From the MoyoTeam, with love. Happy 2020 !